It's been far too long since I've done any baking, so, for my mum's birthday, I thought I'd make something from scratch. I usually make a carrot cake from a mix, because no one else in my family other than my mum really likes carrot cake, but this year I decided to attempt a lemon drizzle cake. Then I settled on lemon drizzle cupcakes because they're just easier to divide up, and so I went for them. Anyway, here's the recipe:
You will need:
250g softened butter
250g self-raising flour
400g caster sugar
Zest and juice of 3 lemons
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 3/160C
2. Mix the butter, flour, eggs, 250g of the sugar, zest of two lemons and the juice of one lemon until just combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 30 minutes. Cool cakes.
4. Whilst the cakes are cooling, poke some holes in them with a skewer/tip of a knife. Mix together the juice and zest of one lemon and the remaining 150g of sugar, and drizzle over the cakes.
5. Enjoy your lemony goodness!
Post a Comment