It's that time again: The Great Blogger Bake Off time! Doing this week's Christmas special has made me realise I've really missed baking, so I'm going to get back in to the swing of it. For this week's festive special, we've done mince pies, but mine have an added ingredient- chocolate chips! So here's the recipe:
(originally from BBC Good Food)
You will need:
50g chocolate chips
400g plain flour
150g golden caster sugar
Half a teaspoon of mixed spice
1. Mix some chocolate chips into the mincemeat and put to one side.
2. Mix the flour and butter until combined and like breadcrumbs. Add the mixed spice and sugar and combine to form a dough.
3. Knead for about 5 minutes and roll out.
4. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C. Cut the dough in two; one section about 2/3 of the dough and the other 1/3. Roll out the big piece and cut into 12 using a round cutter (I used my medium measuring cup). Place them in a cupcake tray and add the filling.
5. Roll out the smaller piece of dough and cut into 12 again. Place them on top of the filled dough and press the edges together. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Leave to cool then dust with icing sugar.
And there you have it: chocolate chip mince pies.
These look fab! Thanks for joining in and have a fab xmas!ReplyDelete
I haven't made mince pies in years, I really need to after seeing yours! xReplyDelete