Recently, I have been desperately craving Disney snacks, but of course, we can’t get them as readily as usual, so I have been having to make them myself. I’ve only attempted two: the dole whip and the Mickey Rice Krispie treats, so I thought, as this was the easier one of the two (not that the dole whip was hard) I’d share the recipe for it, so you too can have magical snacks to brighten up your days.
You will need:
200g of marshmallows (I just used a full bag)
Rice Krispies (I kind of just poured them until I thought I had enough)
2 tablespoons of butter
100g Dairy Milk
Mickey shaped biscuit cutter
Smarties to decorate
1. Melt the butter on a low heat, then add the marshmallows and melt until you have a fluffy white texture.
2. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are all covered in marshmallow. Place on a greased tin (I used butter) and put in the fridge for about half an hour.
3. Take out of the fridge and cut into Mickey shapes. Melt the chocolate and dip the treats in to it/spread it out over them.
4. Add the Smarties and put them back in the fridge for around 20 minutes, just to set the chocolate.
5. Take out of the fridge and enjoy!
And there you have it. I’m pretty sure most people know how to make Rice Krispie cakes anyway, but this is a must for anyone missing the magic.